Friday, October 17, 2008



I don't like this photo by Eddie Adams which I found at http://www.arkitectrue.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/0228_murder-vietcong-saigon-police-chief-eddie-adams.jpg. I don't like it because it's so violent with the man shooting the other man. It's in Vietnam during more violent times. It makes me feel scared and it's a darker image and violent. I don't like photos that make me feel like this. I don't like photos of war and soldiers or blood and the dead. It's too violent to think about for me.

1 comment:

Slade said...

The man who made that photograph was a friend of mine. Eddie Adams was considered one of the preeminent photojournalists of the Vietnam war.

I don't think you have to particularly 'like' an image to appreciate it's power. Some of the most powerful photographs are ones we despise.