Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Braided Black Hair


I really like this photo by Horst P. Horst and I got it at http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r68/giancarletto/PHOTOGRAPHY/HORST/483Horst.jpg. I really like this photo because it's very simple except for the hair which is the main point. I like how the only detailed thing is the braided part of the hair. It tells the viewer exactly where the main point is. I like how the only dark thing with light on it are the braids and everything else is either plain, shadowed, lighted, or gray. The shinyness of the hair really brings out the photo. It makes it feel so ladylike and so 1800s rich girl. It reminds me of the time periods where they the rich lived in Manhattan, NY and how they got dresses and fancy gloves and hairstyles. This is like that except it's more modern because it's without the dress on her which makes a difference. If the dress was on her then it would look like a side view portrait from a person in the 1800s rather than photo like.

No comments: