Thursday, September 18, 2008


This photo was taken by Ansel Adams and I got it from the website http://www.anseladams.com/ProductImages/srs/1502023.jpg I really like this photo because I really like pictures of roses because they show a more feminine side. I like how it's black and white because it would ruin it if it wasn't black and white. I like the texture of the wood as the background for the rose. The rose is very simple and the background is more detailed and complex, so it kind of balances it off. This reminds me of the roses in my house (they're fake) even though they're red and what I want to know is how the rose got there since it's not connected to anything and I want to know what color it is because it could be symbolizing something through the color of the rose since different rose colors have different meanings. I also want to how it happened to land on the sandalwood. Even though Adams probably put it there, it also could have gotten there naturally.I want to know the story behind it and it's really beautiful and interesting. It reminds me also of maturity and love and traveling as in going where things bring you without knowing what's going to happen next like Jack in The Titanic, just living his life without knowing what's happening tomorrow.

1 comment:

gentlemen said...

wow this image is awesome!!!