Friday, September 19, 2008

Lady In the Dark Sea


I really like this photo by Patrick Demarchelier. I got it from http://img.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=561331. Patrick Demarchelier is a famous fashion photographer and he does all different photography for different magazines and ads. I really like this one because the white of the water by the person makes the person just stand out more and makes it seem even more black than it already is. I really like the lighting of the photo because it immediately tells you what the focal point is and I like how the light fades in the sky and the water. If it wasn't black and white, it would ruin it because you wouldn't be able to see the fading of the light and the person in black more clearly. Black and white makes it more beautiful.

No comments: