Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Assignment 1 - Numbers



The photo of the clock minute hand on the 12 was a pretty cool idea for me. It didn't take me too long to think about it and it ended up being very cool. I really like it because of how up close it is and how you can see the shape of the minute hand on the twelve. I took this one at home. The one with the calender on the October 22, I also really like because it's very simple. You can immediately tell what it is because there's only one big thing in there and the rest is just flowers and colored background. The 22 is nice and big and you don't have to search for it. It's very obvious. I was sitting doing homework when I looked up and on my desk was my little calender so I just flipped to the right date and took the photo. The 50th birthday card for 50 is very unique partly because of what it says on the card. I like it because it's not just a number there and there's other stuff surrounding it as well, but it still makes the 50 obvious even though there's other stuff because the only number on there is 50. I like how unique it is and how there's not colors everywhere; it's just black and white. I took that one at Target and I was walking around taking pictures and I was searching for a 50 when I thought of birthday cards and walked there to see if there were any cool ones to take pictures of. The 73 on the bottom right corner is really unique because it's simple. There's nothing else in the photo but a number and a frame and a window. I was thinking that it would be too off in the corner to get noticed but then I realized that it's the only freakin thing in the photo, so of course it's going to be the first thing you look at in the photo. I didn't think it was going to be a good photo because of how simple it looked at the time even though I didn't think of it that way. I thought of it as how simple it was in a bad way and I forgot about simple in a good way. The corn dog 79 cents one just made me laugh. I originally saw it in the beginning of the assignment, so I remembered it for when I got to 79. When I got there I immediately went there to take the photo. I thought it would be cool because it has a corn dog on it and Wienerschnitzel. I didn't think about the fact that it would make people laugh a little until I asked Vanessa Wall if this photo was good and she laughed and said she liked it. I really like how it's the sign for food and how it's not just a number; it incorporates other things into the photo but still makes the number noticeable.
This assignment overall was pretty hard for me. When I first heard we had to do it it was a challenge for me but I didn't expect it to be as hard as it really was until I got to the 40s. It was hard finding numbers that fit the assignment/photo so I had to go 3 supermarkets, along the roads, my house, and the mall. My parents drove me everywhere and it took me about half a day on Saturday, half a day on Sunday, some on Friday night, and 1 hour on Monday after school. I had to go out for the bigger numbers and I stayed home for the smaller numbers. The assignment started out fun but just got really hard for me and I was scared that I wouldn't finish in time because I was still taking pictures Monday night, but I finished because I wouldn't let myself not finish.....as most people already know that about me. Haha. 


No comments: