Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Melancholy-ness

I don't really like this photograph because it's more negative than positive. It's by a photographer or two named Liyu + Liubo. I got it off ofhttp://www.jmcolberg.com/weblog/archives/LiyuLiubo.jpgIt's a strong image but I like photographs that convey a positive or neutral feeling more than a I'm going to commit suicide negative feelings. I don't like how the girl is just sitting there doing nothing while the fire is burning on her bed. I thought about it for a little and then it occurred to me that she probably set the fire because it doesn't look like it's coming from anywhere else. This brings me kind of a sad message that she either wants to kill herself or hates everything around her. The image is depressing and even though there is bright light coming in from the doorway, it's kept eerie and the curtains are halfway closed to shut out the light. I really don't like this photo.

No comments: