Monday, September 29, 2008

Assignment-2 HIGH KEY LOW KEY






I really enjoyed this assignment because it wasn't as hard as the last one, yet still a little challenging. It was really fun because I got to take pictures of white on white and black on black which I thought was really cool. The picture with the white teacup and milk in it on the white carpet was really simple I thought. I just opened the cupboards in my kitchen and I already wanted to do something with milk. I just wanted to find the right cup so I saw that and I was like that's the perfect cup to do it with. This is a retake of the same picture except without all the shadows by it. I like it better like this because it's pure white and more simple. The one with the black bead bracelet on my mom's hair was really cool. I thought using hair would be a cool background because it would be different from regular carpet or paper or wall. At first when I took this photo it was too light because I cast natural light from the window on it. This is the 2nd time I took it and it looks a lot darker. I made it dark enough so that you could still tell what it was but still achieved the goal of this assignment. The third photo of the patent black bag's gold details was retaken also. I originally took the entire bag but then Mr. Slade told me to focus in on the square details and the gold details so I did that and it turned out really good. I set it on a background of my mom's fur coat so the quality and luxe-ness would match because you can kind of expect patent and fur to be both same level kinds of things. The fourth one of the white skirt with a light shining through it was a really cool setup. My window at home has a bar in the middle and then bars across so I could hang stuff up if I wanted to although people don't usually do that. Haha. I originally did it of the entire skirt and then Mr. Slade told me to focus it in and I did that. Now you can see the lace detail and what's on the skirt much better. I like it better too. The one with the egg in a bowl, I was originally going to do it in a crystal bowl but then that wouldn't be white anymore. I took Mr. Slade's suggestion to do it with a poster board reflecting the light back from the opposite way so that the shadow wouldn't be too much. It really did decrease the shadow and made it look a ton better. I also adjusted my white balance so it didn't look dark or orange-y. I like it better now than before. This assignment overall was more fun than the last one because on the last one I got so tired of it that it wasn't fun anymore. This was kept fun because there wasn't much restriction and everyone could have their own ideas of things to take pictures of. I finished this assignment in a couple of hours so it didn't take up all my time either.

No comments: