Monday, March 16, 2009

Balenciaga Dress


I love this photo of the Balenciaga dress by Irving Penn. It's gorgeous! I love the expression on the face of the model and how her face is veiled. It makes her face a little more mysterious and she seems more controlling. She's seems sharp and the type of woman that could go out by herself in the 1900s without a chaperone. Someone brave. The dress itself is beautiful. The ruffles and the shadow on them is gorgeous. The light of the ruffles is really good. I like how it goes from the light to dark and gray. The tones are really cool. I also really like the wing things on the side. They're very creative and add to the photo rather than if they weren't there.

1 comment:

Slade said...

Annie, I'm bummed about your images. Let's see if we can't find them on the new server.

I'm also glad that you're blogging again! Yay for Balenciaga!