Friday, November 14, 2008

Final Project: A Day In the Life of the Applebaums


This is my final project and it's a day in the life of apples. I called them the Applebaums. It's kind of cheesy but it's cute and I like it. That's all that counts. Haha. The first photo is of the daughter of the apple couple sleeping in her flowery cute sheets. I really like it because the apple creates color within the white sheets and pillow. It also makes me feel really snuggly and cute. I also like it because it makes me feel safe and loved like I'm protected. The second photo is of the same apple on the toilet. I really like it because it shows the proportion of the toilet to the apple. It shows how much of a struggle it is just for it to be able to go to the restroom. I love the red it gives to the photo which is mostly white. This shows how difficult an apple's life is if it were really alive. I love how bright I got the white because it is the most difficult color to color balance. I hate white! The third photo is of the mom apple showering and I wanted to show something proportionate to the apple so I thought a real shower would be too big in proportion to the apple and the sink would be better. It shows that just because it's apple doesn't mean it doesn't like to be clean. I really like you can see the water bounce off of it like a real shower. The next one is of the father apple by the sink ready to wash his face and brush his teeth, getting ready for the day. I like how it shows the action and what he's about to do instead of showing something else. It shows the thing with the apple being the subject rather than the sink or something else. I really like how it's simple and there's not too much going on. The background foreground relationship is pretty good. There's no fighting going on. The next one is of the Mom apple driving to work. She works at Louis Vuitton and she's one of the head and major people there. I wanted to show her work and status and salary based on the car she drove so I wanted to show the leather. I like how it shows how small the apple is compared to the seat. It shows the difficulty it has to go through to be able to drive a car, something as simple as that. It's on the seat getting ready and it shows that life is hard for it despite all the other things it has like a good job and a stable life.
































































3 comments:

Sasa said...

I like the toilet one. haha it's funny. btw, what does applebaum mean?

Sasa said...

haha, the mother apple works at louis vuitton??? lol. maybe you could have put a razor next to the daddy apple.

Sasa said...

one more thing, I th ink it is hilarious how you say the apple has to face all these difficulties through her life because she is so tiny.