Monday, May 4, 2009

What Makes a Good Photo?

To make a good photo I think emotion is really important. If you feel one way but you try to shoot another emotion then the photo will turn out bad because it's not what you really want/feel. It's more fake and it's not sincere. Every image should have an emotion when the viewer looks at it because then it's a meaningful image having some importance to it showing the photographer's feelings. Another thing that's important is the composition. If it's bad composition then the photo won't be as strong and won't have as much feeling in it. If it's a good composition, most of the time, it automatically has emotion and feeling in it. When I shoot a good image, I have this feeling in me that the image is going to be strong. I think composition is more important than emotion because composition is basically one of the big factors that makes or breaks an image. A third thing that's very important is color. If the white balance is off then the whole image looks weird and it doesn't look as clean cut and good. I learned that lesson when I didn't really care about white balance and I was always like oh that looks close enough, but it wasn't. It turned out ugly and I couldn't print some images to turn in because of this. Color is what sharpens the image and it's what enriches the image. A vibrant red can cause lots of emotion and make the image strong while a bad red doesn't show anything. It shows bad white balance and bad color.

No comments: