Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Assignment 2 Rhyming




This is my rhyming assignment, and I really like the fan photo. I really like the composition and shape for it. It's a beautiful shape and the colors are all different. I love how the center of the fans isn't exactly in the center of the photo. It's more unpredictable that way. My 2nd favorite is probably the lamp one. I took it at night and the light shown on my bedroom wall. It was very pretty. It's something very simple but it's weird because I've never noticed it before. The simplicity of it really caught my eye. I also love how it's a warm dark color. It makes me feel very cozy and warm. The next favorite is the railing one. I love the leading line that goes from bottom to hot. I never noticed it before when I passed it a lot everyday, but somehow I just saw it. I love how it's sharp and straight. It goes all the way up and it just leads your eye to the top, but it doesn't take it off the photo. It kind of circles your eye around to the painting and back down the stairs. It's a circle. The rose is very pretty. I've always wanted to take a color picture of it so I finally did it. The background was hard to recover though because the highlights were so bad. I really like the color of it and how the background matches the rose, very classical.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

annie. i really love the photos that you have here. my favorite one is either the rose or the fan. they're both very different than any other shot that i've seen before of those same objects. it's a talent to make something look so different than any other shot